As you embark on the journey of entrepreneurship, you will need to have a strong foundation. This stability starts with your registration and having a reliable business formation service is of the essence. In this Northwest registered agent review, we’ll look at what one such company has in store for you:
While business formation services may seem like they cropped up the Just a few years ago, however they have been more than one decade. Northwest is a good example of a company that has a long history. It’s been around since 1998 and has evolved to a point where it’s one of the biggest household names when it comes to business formation. The simplicity of its structure, as well as its reliability, have propelled it to the helm. It offers both formation and representation services in a flexible structure that enables entrepreneurs to choose what works for them.
Given that the CA LLC authorities require your limited liability company to have an agent of service of process California, it will interest you that their services come free for the first year after formation.
What is a California registered agent?
As per the law, you must have someone who will receive state documentation on your behalf. This agent for service of process CA can be you, someone you trust, or a company of your choosing. This rep gets all relevant legal documents that pertain to your business. These include legal summons and deadline updates. Northwest also offer such registered agents in California services, which are free for the first year after you form your entity with them.
With most formation services, you will find that the companies structure their features based on hierarchy. Usually, the features fall into three levels. It is quite surprising that this company offers just one option. If a client does not find what they want in this package, they are free to purchase the add-ons.
The only package available costs $225, which does not include the state fee. For this, clients get:
- A name check- you can figure out if the proposed name is available for use and whether you will have to find another identifier.
- Registration documents prepping and filing- this online provider of business legal services will draft these documents on your behalf with the details that you provide, ensure that they are okay, and present them to the authorities. That takes a lot of work off your back.
- Free representation services once they form the entity on your behalf, they will also take over as your agent for service of process in California for a year. At the end of this period, you will be subject to an annual fee if you choose to continue with their services.
- An operating agreement- the agents will also help you come up with guidelines for the members of your organization to help you avoid falling under the default laws.
- Speedy processing- the lack of hierarchy ensures that every order is treated with the same urgency.
If the above features are not enough for your LLC California, you have the option to request add-ons that are available at an extra cost. These include:
- An EIN ($50)
- Report filing ($100/ year)
- Tax election ($50)
- A secondary telephone number ($9/month)
- Corporate supplies; whose cost vary based on your choice
Pros & Cons
- Excellent customer service clients can look forward to a dedicated and knowledgeable team that will walk them through the intricacies of entity formation.
- Representation services not all companies will take care of your correspondence needs, but NW registered agent LLC will.
- Privacy the company takes your security seriously, and runs its operations in house to ensure that your information does not get into the wrong hands.
- Cost- as much as the service offers one package without the frills that are characteristic of other services, it has the shortcoming of a very high starting price point. Compared to other services, this starting point might as well be three or four times what you will pay for a similar service.
- Fewer reviews- while reviews should not always be the driving factor when choosing a service, some clients consider these a show of how reliable a company is. This service has not received as many reviews as some of its competitors, which made turn away some clients.
Should You Start an LLC With Northwest Registered Agent?
You must choose Northwest if you:
- Want customer support that is highly responsive and tailors its services to your needs.
- Want free representation services for a year.
- Want to enjoy privacy. This company prides itself in protecting the information of its clients and does not divulge these details to third parties who would otherwise use it in manners that hold not be beneficial to the clients.
- Wish to have a transparent and simple fee structure. Without frills, you know exactly what you’re paying for and how much each additional item costs. It makes it easier for you to gauge whether adding a feature will be beneficial to you.
Do not choose Northwest or find an alternative to it if you:
- Want more add-ons.
- Would like to save money and are working with a smaller budget.
- Want a company that has received many reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions
This company currently has its address at 522 W Riverside Ave Suite N, Spokane, WA 99201, United States.
You will have to update your statement of information (SOI). This document is similar to what other states refer to as an annual report. However, in this case, the authorities expect you to file this report every two years for a fee. If you have already kept up with your end of the deal, and have filed as expected, what you will need to do is update your SOI. There is no fee for this. But if your filing date is coming up, you will need to pay the fee as it is a statutory requirement.
Luckily for you, many companies offer formation as well as representation services. Thus, if you would like to choose an alternative or compare this company to others, you will find many choices.
One of these would be IncFile, which is pretty similar to Northwest registered agent LLC when it comes to pricing. It also excels in providing an intuitive user interface, which may be one of its selling points. Other options include LegalZoom, Rocket Lawyer, and MyCompanyWorks.
All these services can help you save time spent on registration processes, and will keep you updated on any upcoming deadlines. Additionally, they are much cheaper than hiring an attorney and are easily accessible over the phone.
When choosing a service, you should look into its reputation, service levels, cost, and suitability for your business. Customer service also matters a great deal, especially where you are new to the legalities.
One main reason why people hire a professional service is that the State law requires them to do so. However, there are other motivations behind this move. For one, if you work from home and would like to keep your address private, hiring a professional service will work in your favor. You would maintain a professional veil and would not have your home address listed in public records.
Secondly, there is the issue of working hours. If you choose to represent yourself, you will have to be available during the business working hours. That means that even if you want to take a vacation or handle an urgent matter, you have to have someone left behind to be available in case the authorities wish to serve you with papers.
Additionally, many business people like enjoying some privacy. A good example would be where you had a legal tussle, and the authorities came to serve you with court papers. In front of your employees and customers, this will not be a very good look. It thus suffices that you might want to keep some of these matters private and away from the public eye. One way to achieve this will be by having an agency process your papers in secret and serve them to you online.
Even so, you always have the option to represent your California LLC if you want to save on costs, are okay with your address being public, and do not mind the hassle of being available.
While this would be very convenient, it is not possible. You, as the entity former, can represent the proposed business. You also have the option to have one of your members do this for you. However, the proposed business cannot act as its own primary representation. You must either do this yourself or find a professional service that can handle this task.
If for some reason you find that you would like to change your intermediary, you will need to update your SOI. This form is available on the state website. Depending on when you file it, you may be subject to a fee as earlier discussed.